Colin Mark Groundcare, Forestry & Firewood is a well established local business based in Nine Mile Burn, near Penicuik, Midlothian.
We aim to delight local customers with our friendly & professional approach to all aspects of grounds management, tree care, and with our high quality firewood.
About Colin Mark
Colin Mark established his business in 2010 offering local garden & tree services work around Nine Mile Burn.
The company quickly grew due to Colin's passion and dedication along with his able and well trained team.
Colin’s team now manage more than 10,000 acres of ground and specialise in the care and maintenance of large properties and areas of woodland.
Colin is proud to have so many happy, loyal customers. Their repeat business is proof of his dedication.
Colin & his team always strive to deliver the best possible service to exceed customers' expectations.
Why Choose Us?
We are an experienced, qualified, hard working & passionate team producing quality work at competitive prices. We use only professional / specialist tools to save time on your job and in turn save you money.
We provide our customers with an outstanding service.
We make every effort to look after the natural world around us when working, to minimise our carbon footprint. We are strict on recycling and reusing, wherever possible, to limit the impact the business has on the environment. Here are some of the steps Colin and his team have taken so far:
- Re-using all wood waste. Hardwood goes to Kiln dried premium logs for sale to the public, softwood goes to kindling and biomass and is used in the renewable heating system. Sawdust is given away for bedding for animals.
- The Kiln Services kiln is one of a handful in Scotland. It is super-efficient and produces vast quantities of premium grade firewood for a very small fuel cost. This only operates when we need it and is switched off over the summer months.
- Staying local, we rarely venture more than 15 miles from home based and all the timber is sourced locally, we do not import any timber into the UK.
- The timber is primarily sourced from dead, diseased or damaged trees that have been harvested by low impact machinery.
- The log bags and kindling nets are reused multiple times as we stack the logs for each customer, then once unusable they are recycled.
- We only use biodegradable chainsaw oil and strimmer cable.
- We have a modern fleet of machinery to keep emissions to a minimum, also using high grade fuels and oils allows engines to run cleanly.
- Where possible a lot of our equipment is now battery powered to cut out engine emissions altogether.
- Employing only local staff.
This is just a handful of ways we try to operate as greenly as possible.
Friendly, Professional & Local
We cover the following areas:
- Nine Mile Burn
- West Linton
- Blyth Bridge
We are willing to cover other areas so please just ask.